I joined HIMSS Media in September 2012 as VP of Product Development, a full-time position. In this role, my focus is on strategic roadmaps for the division's e-learning services, publications and e-commerce services. I have also had the chance to launch a new print magazine for European healthcare professionals, HIMSS Insights.
Digital media consulting services
In recent years, I have worked as a consultant for media companies, helping clients develop audience, build new products and enhance existing products. I've worked in all of the following areas...
- SEO (search engine optimization) beginning with competitve research through execution, including on-page editing, content development and link-building.
- SEM (searh engine marketing), AdWords campaign management.
- Social media tools (Facebook development, LinkedIn groups, Twitter integration and leading discussion platforms)
- Content development from keyword research, through taxonomy development and performance review.
- Platform development and web launches. Starting with selection of the best CMS (content management system) for the project, and including setup, through design and launch.
- Web metric analysis, link-building and page rank improvement strategies.
- Digital project management, from concept through design, approvals and software development.
- Audience development, including email list performance improvements and member registration optimization.
- For a B2B digital media company, I increased member registration rates by 15 percent by redesigning the onsite signup form.
- For the New York Observer, I managed a series of initiatives to increase online audience, using Facebook apps, Google tools, sitemaps, community development and site redsigns.
- For MediaBistro, the leading web community for the media industry, I expanded e-commerce offerings to reach new markets.
- For a business media website focused on the retail industry, my keyword analysis and competitive research resulted in a steady 12 percent month-by-month improvement in search engine traffic.
- Digital project development strategy for SourceMedia, a leading financial publisher, including analysis of website inventory, and a strategic plan for increasing digital revenue at American Banker.
I have also worked for leading media companies as a manager, editor, writer and as a consultant.
At Dow Jones, I managed the product roadmap for the career services section of the Wall Street Journal Digital Network.At Internet.com, I managed the content development strategy for a network of websites that grew to have an audience of over 13 million monthly visitors under my direction.
At Internet World magazine, I was the editor-in-chief.I've written six books on technology (including The AOL Money Guide, The PC Magazine Guide to Windows and Prodigy for Dummies).